To ensure that a specific folder is never backed up, you can exclude the location. When you exclude a folder, all files and folders within that folder are automatically excluded from backup.
Additionally, if you have backed up a folder or document that you no longer wish to back up, you need to exclude them from your backup list. If you only wish to exclude a single file in the folder, you should create a new folder for that file and exclude the new folder.
Right-click to remove a folder from being backed up.
- Right-click a folder that has been backed up.
- Choose Exclude from SpeedyBackup.
- The program window will open to the default page.
- You can confirm that the folder had been included by selecting Settings and navigating to the Include tab.
Browse for folders to exclude from within the program.
- Select Settings from the upper right hand side of SpeedyBackup.
- Click on the Exclude tab.
- Click Add Folder(s).
- Navigate to the folder you wish to prevent from backing up and select it.
- Click OK to confirm.
Excluded folder locations will display a blue overlay icon to show that they are being ignored by SpeedyBackup.