The Backup Schedule allows you to select the times that are most convenient for your backups. For example, you may want transfers to take place overnight when no one is using the computer. Please note that your computer must be turned on during the scheduled time for transfers to take place.
To change the Backup Schedule:
- Click Settings from the upper right hand side of the program.
- Select Options, if not already selected.
- Click the Change Backup Schedule button at bottom of the page.
- Ensure the Enable Schedule checkbox is checked and choose from the following options:
- Real Time Backups: Files will automatically be transfered in realtime. This setting that ensures your backups are always up-to-date.
- Hourly Backups: Select the specific minute that you would like hourly backups to commence.
- Daily Backups: Select the specific time that you would like your daily backup to commence.
- After making your selection, choose Save Settings.
You can also stop transfers during specific times by setting your preferences from the Backup Schedule. For example, you may want to stop transfers from taking place during the evening when you most frequently use the computer. SpeedyBackup will continue transfering files automatically before and after this time range.
To stop backups for a selected time range:
- Click Settings, located at the top of the program.
- Click the Change Backup Schedule button.
- Ensure the Don't automatically back up during this time box is checked.
- Select the Start time and End time to determine the time range.
- After making your selections, choose Save Settings.