SpeedyBackup provides you with the ability to protect, backup and store your files and documents safely on the SpeedyBackup cloud, and is an application offered for download from the Tools tab in your program.
If you have elected to download SpeedyBackup from the Tools tab, follow the instructions below to activate a new account and back up your computer.
If this is first time that you have run the program, you will need to activate a new account:
- Open SpeedyBackup.
- Enter your email address and click Next.
- Next please enter a password for your account, then enter a Name for your computer.
- You will now see a screen letting you know you are successfully registered. Congratulations, you have taken the first step towards protecting your files!
If you have not purchased yet, click Proceed to Trial Account to continue using a limited time trial version of SpeedyBackup. Click Upgrade My Account to open the purchase page and obtain the full version of the program.
To register additional computers on your account:
After you have installed SpeedyBackup on one computer, you can add additional computers under the same account. You can choose to restore from a previously backed up computer or simply add the new computer to your SpeedyBackup account.
- Open SpeedyBackup.
- Enter your account email address, then click Next to enter your password.
- Choose Recover backed up files if you wish to restore files from a computer that you backed up previously, or choose Back up this computer to add the new computer to your SpeedyBackup account. See the options below for each choice:
To back up this computer:
- Enter a Name for your computer.
- Click Next, then click Done.
To recover backed up files:
- Click Yes if you no longer use one of the computers on your SpeedyBackup account. This option will replace the previous computer with the one you are currently on. Click No if you want to add the current computer while restoring from another and keeping all previous computers associated with your SpeedyBackup account.
- Select the computer that contains files you wish to restore and enter a name for the computer you are currently using. Click Next.
- Select the check mark box for files type you wish to recover, or click Recover Specific Folders to select which folders to restore. You can also choose a location to recover to. By default recovered files will be located in C:\recovered files.
Click Next, then click Done.